View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Official #66 NBA Player Of All Time According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
DeBusherre or Moncreif. Tough call. Lets hear the arguments.
SIDNEY MONCRIEF

The first time I had seen or even heard of Sidney Moncrief was around 2000. It was on NBA TV a they were running some little 5 minute spot on him. Around 2000, I considered my knowledge about the past NBA greats to be very good but he seem to have slipped through the cracks. Sid was before my time as I started watching ball in 94, three seasons after he retired.

As I started to look at information on him, he seemed like a bad cat and he was. Brother could do everything on the court. If you needed points, (drives or jumpers) he was the one to go to. If he need a defensive stop, he was the one you called on. He was a great All-Around players. In his 11 season career, he made the three major NBA teams 5 time each.

He made 5 NBA All-Star teams from 1982 to 1986. Also those same seasons he made 5 All-NBA teams. Four All-NBA 2nd teams and the almighty All-NBA first team once. His defensive accomplishments are the complete opposite. He made 1 All-Defensive 2nd team and 4 All-Defensive 1st teams.

His team success wasn’t bad either considering he played in the same era as some great teams like the Boston Celtics, the Phila Sixers and the Detroit Pistons. His Milwaukee Bucks made the Easter Conference Finals three times. They were the only squad to defeat the “Fo, Fo, Fo” Sixers in 1983.

He was also one of the greatest guard defenders of his era, maybe even the best, winning 2 DPOY in the 1980’s.

-5 NBA All-Star games
-1 All NBA 1st team and four 2nd teams (5 total)
-4 All Defensive 1st teams and one 2nd team (5 total)
-2 DPOY
-Career high points per game 22.5
-Career high rebounds per game 6.7
-Career high assist per game 5.2
-Career high FG% .54
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote