View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #36
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation
Default Re: Is this finally the year that T-Mac and Yao get out of the first round?

Quote:
They gonna beat Jazz easily!!!!

Heard that last April.

Quote:
You people that think Tmac doesn't perform in the playoffs need to wake up, his numbers are up there with anybody's. This is the year where he finally has the team and depth to make noise against other good teams in the West.

Also heard that last April.

I'm not saying the Jazz provide an insurmountable obstacle against the Rockets, but Utah does have the bonus of knowing that they can win a playoff series against Houston, and they know they can win on the road there. Houston hasn't won in Utah in several years, in the regular or the postseason. The playoffs are about matchups, not what you've got on paper, and for whatever the reason, this Jazz squad seems to have this Rockets squad's number.

I'm not convinced Scola solves your PF problem, and I'm highly skeptical of Francis, James, and the nutbar formerly known as Bonzi Wells. More than any of these players, what will push the Rockets into the later rounds will be how much the longer-tenured Rockets players buy into Rick Adelman's philosophies.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote