View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 AM   #15
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: Race to the 1st place in Draft 2008

With the start of the college season, this is starting to look like a really good class. I have kind of jumped off the Batum bandwagon a little bit. I still think he will get considerations for the #1 pick, but Rose to me has jumped out in front. He still plays young sometimes, but combination of size, speed, and talent is once in a generation level.

However, I do think there will be a suprise leading up to the draft because I think DeAndre Jordan will start to get a long look in the top 3 and maybe even #1. I think it comes down to who is drafting.

Obviously the Kings got Hawes last year, and you can't expect Bibby to be around much longer, so they probably go Rose. Ridnour hasn't worked out as the Sonics PG, and I don't think any of the other guys are the long-term answer, so they go with Rose as well.

Philly could go either way with no long-term answers at either position. Who knows what NY would do if they got the pick. Indiana is the same where they really are in limbo at every position except for Granger. Washington, GS, Chicago, and Miami are 3 teams that you would expect to turn things around, but if they don't all of them except the Heat could use a true center, and even the Heat may take Shaq's replacement. The other wildcard is Memphis because they took Conley last year, and signed Darko to a big deal to play next to Gasol.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote