Thread: Good RTS?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #13
Smokee
Banned

Default Re: Good RTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1

I played either that or the first one of those when it first came out. Had some solid potential in it but was buggy as all hell. Maybe I'll have to give it another go, does sound good.

You are spot on about WIC as well. Very Shallow, basically get tanks, blow the **** out of enemey, good game.

Only game I haven't really played is Supreme Commander, I only played it for about 20 minutes before I lost interest, probably not a fair amount to judge it on but I never like TA so I went in with a negative attitude anyway.

Seriously, if you can get your hands on it, I seriously reccomend Myth 2. Still the best use of micro and 3d in an RTS that I've seen, the skill level required just to complete the single player campaign will make you a solid online player, unfortunately last time I played the online community was all but dead. Easily bungies best accomplishment as a game.

you probably played the first one, i never played that one but i heard it was pretty good. I think i read it had real movie cut scenes or something along those lines but limited units. BME2 has pretty much every unit from the movies. It wasnt buggy at all for me the first time i played it and i was impressed since i thought the graphics were incredible at the time, and no slowdowns with tons of units on the screen(but i got a nice computer).

I never played Myth2 but i'll look that up. I figure its old so i can get it cheap.

oh and i have Supreme Commander, took it off my harddrive. Another hyped disappointment but i guess i didnt give it much of a chance. I was very very very turned off by the top down so far away main map play where you basically just see a very far overview, and it just felt like a very generic tactical based game across a mass scale and as a result you had to play it so far up. Yeah you could scroll in but you couldnt play most of the game that way :p

Last edited by Smokee : 12-11-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote