View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #15
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Good RTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
C&C was the same really. C&C you just mass units and overwhelm. If they die, no biggie, just build more. I don't know if you ever played Myth 2, but if you did, I prefer the skill element rather than just massing units and swarming. Both the games you listed severely lacked that imo.
I have played Myth II, and quiet frankly it was fabulous but I wouldn't consider it a RTS. To me it was more of a tactical game since it didn't have much in the way of Base Building and Resource gathering. There's something to be said about being able to kill your opponents economy so they quit in frustration ;) But hey to each their own. I think C&C, WC/SC and CoH are amazing in their own right and represent different styles of play in the genre all of which I've enjoyed.

Quote:
Only game I haven't really played is Supreme Commander, I only played it for about 20 minutes before I lost interest, probably not a fair amount to judge it on but I never like TA so I went in with a negative attitude anyway.

I agree, Supreme Commander was trash imo. Basically they took TA and just made a super huge battlefield which amounted to churning out units sending them to battle and basically not giving much of a damn about them. I guess that's exactly what you said you dislike about the other games but SupCom is extreme. Plus identical sides unless you have patience to go deeper into the game. You're definitely not missing anything there.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote