View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #14
I airball my layups

Default Re: How did Durant play? (Pacers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
in 2005
we were one shot away from forcing a game 7 against the spurs. injuries and the lack of a quality big were the main differences since then

i think we would have a better TEAM if we kept ray and durant would have had a decent mentor from whom to learn the game/lifestyle

i have never been sold on the philosophy to totally blow up a team for "rebuilding" purposes.

the decision to gut the team of quality personnel such as lenny wilkins who have long histories in seattle is all part of bennett's strategy to distance fans and insure a losing season in order to more easily move the sonics

That's true but that was 2005. We weren't better last year or the year before and granted injuries played their part but thats life. Building around 2 no-D gunners simply wont work short OR long term. Dont get me wrong im totally in support of your anti-bennett stance but in terms of ball we werent getting anywhere paying 13mil to Lew and 16 to Jesus so it was almost inevitable. At least now we will a) have likely a top 3 pick next year. You parlay that into Rose (or Love or blah blah blah) and you've got a top notch, defense playing pg and a scoring dynamo AND oodles of cap space with which to scoop up the necessary, and we'd STILL have the 2 phx picks.

Personally, and I said this elsewhere right after the trade- I'd liked to have seen Ray stay for one year to tutor Durant THEN get traded.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote