View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
II Peter
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, firstly, I am not a Clippers fan. I am a lifelong Lakers fan, but I am here to ask an honest question, so please read on.

Over the years, I have noticed that the Clippers have had good teams at times, only to have Sterling screw it up by being cheap and letting great talent get away. Ultimately, this history has caused the Clips to be one of the laughing stocks of the NBA (not last year!) because of Mr. Sterling's antics. I can only imagine that if you are a true Clipper fan, that this would be incredibly frustrating and painful.

Anyway, so the key question I have for the Clipper community is whether or not you feel comfortable for the long haul that Sterling has finally realized that spending money on players can actually help you make more money if you create winning teams.

With all the recent Clipper success, I just keep thinking that Sterling will do something stupid and screw up the whole thing.

So, do any Clipper fans wonder this too? Or, do you think that Sterling has learned his lessons.

I have been a Clips fan for a very long time and have wished repeatedly that Donald sell the team. Since Dunleavy has arrived he has been spending money. I hope he keeps it up and continues to spend wisely.
II Peter is offline   Reply With Quote