View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: as the trade deadline approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
First of all, there's no way Miller fetches you 2 lottery picks. Even if he gets you one, there is no guarantee what you're getting. How many 1st round draft picks are actually playing and making an impact from last years draft, 5 or 6 out of 30? Odds aren't that good.
Secondly, why would you want to get rid of the only player on the team who gets rid of the ball on time? Lou Williams is not a true pg and it shows during the half-court game. In transition, Williams is great, but when you get to the playoffs half court decisions win games.
I understand about the cap and how appealing it is to bounce Miller, but you need a guy like that to be the coach on the floor. If I were a big time free agent/trade option, I would feel re-assured knowing a pg like Miller was there to get me the ball in the right spots.

I meant package him in a trade in which you might be able to get a first rounder, coupled with the draft pick they already have. If he's packaged with the right players, they might be able to get a lottery-caliber pick, but it'd be late lottery.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote