View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hughes and his "curious comments......"

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/

Same thing is in the main forum. Figure we could start up a discussion in the Cavs forum as well...........

main points.........

“I play to enjoy myself, some people take this the wrong way, but winning a championship is not what I base everything on. I was given an opportunity to play basketball, travel around and have fun doing it and that’s what I want to do. I wouldn’t take being unhappy and not being myself and winning.
I would rather enjoy myself with 18,000-20,000 people watching the game and the people sending fan mail and those things and be happy…I didn’t come here to play the point guard, that’s just it. I came here to run the wing, just like he was running the other wing. I was asked to sacrifice for the team to win and for everybody, I guess, get paid. That is what was told to me and I wasn’t happy with that.”

I'm not surprised he felt this way. In fact, I would be willing to say that most NBA players have this attitude. Not everyone eats/sleeps/dreams of titles. For a lot of guys, they just want to put in the time, get some glory through statistics, make some money, and go home at the end of the day much like a 9-5 worker who hits the clock at 5 on the dot.

He never wanted to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. That much is clear. he knew from day 1 that coming to Cleveland was a mistake, and that it would never work. My question is, if he's all about having fun, then why didn't he just work out something with Washington when he was a free agent, where he put up the best numbers of his career?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote