View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Hughes and his "curious comments......"

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/

Same thing is in the main forum. Figure we could start up a discussion in the Cavs forum as well...........

main points.........

“I play to enjoy myself, some people take this the wrong way, but winning a championship is not what I base everything on. I was given an opportunity to play basketball, travel around and have fun doing it and that’s what I want to do. I wouldn’t take being unhappy and not being myself and winning.
I would rather enjoy myself with 18,000-20,000 people watching the game and the people sending fan mail and those things and be happy…I didn’t come here to play the point guard, that’s just it. I came here to run the wing, just like he was running the other wing. I was asked to sacrifice for the team to win and for everybody, I guess, get paid. That is what was told to me and I wasn’t happy with that.”

I'm not surprised he felt this way. In fact, I would be willing to say that most NBA players have this attitude. Not everyone eats/sleeps/dreams of titles. For a lot of guys, they just want to put in the time, get some glory through statistics, make some money, and go home at the end of the day much like a 9-5 worker who hits the clock at 5 on the dot.

He never wanted to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. That much is clear. he knew from day 1 that coming to Cleveland was a mistake, and that it would never work. My question is, if he's all about having fun, then why didn't he just work out something with Washington when he was a free agent, where he put up the best numbers of his career?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote