View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
TheBrownSound
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheBrownSound has an OK reputation so far
Default Luke...

I've said this before and it's still true. Luke Ridnour plays absolutely no D. None. I sat in the second row and watched 100 year old Bobby Jackson torch him. I know BJax is/was good, but Luke just couldn't keep up AND BJax seems to have lost a lot of his speed since the ab injury. I yelled at Hill to take him out and insert Watson but he just shot me a dirty look. True story.

He runs the offence reasonably well, but he is a big reason the Sonics had one of the worst defenses in the leage last year. At best I see him as a solid backup. Here lies the problem - the Sonics have two backups now (3 if you count Wilks, the guy we got for Flip).

Possible solutions to the Sonic's problems:

1. re-sign Wilcox
2. try to make Lewis happy
3. make trades (and better ones than the Flip for Wilks), we have good pieces. a combination of Luke/Wilks and Fortson/Collison (2 trades) could possibly land us a nice point gurad and great 6th man. If Lewis demands a trade, we can up the ante.

In conclusion, Luke is overrated and has trade value (I'd bet the Knicks would take him - but they don't have a point guard worth taking... maybe Francis)
TheBrownSound is offline   Reply With Quote