View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 01:13 AM   #9
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Vince carter would be a better choice. but vince should realize by now that a championship means more than a bigger wallet. he already has all the money he could ever spend. Don't be surprised if vince carter winds up with cleveland or miami. They known for pulling deals like this especially Pat riley.
Chauncey will stay in detroit. that was the only team who believed in him. and it features a system where he can thrive. He can play point all he wants and also can freely shoot the ball without question from teammates or coaches. he wouldn't have that freedom in memphis. Just ask J-will. The same thing J-will was doing in memphis taking 3 seconds off the clock threes and blind passes, is exactly what he was doing in miami. And he won a championship. In one of those games either 5 or six when J-will shot i believe 11 for 11 before missing a few nobody talked about him hoisting ill-advised shots. Pat riley wanted him to always take an open shot. something his previous 2 teams could not appreciate. What you gonna do if Chauncey which is just like him starts jacking up shot when pau starts passing? Chauncey won't come to memphis. trust me.

I'm just glad to get a thought-out post from ya Kcity. But I have to comment on the last sentence: I do not think Chauncey will come to Memphis. I just believe its the best opprotunity the Grizz will have or have had in the free agent market in a long time.

other points:
-I also do not think he should get the 11 million as you pointed out in another comment. But the "7 million version of [Damon] Stoudamire" actually wouldnt be a part of the team if we got Billups. Part of my argument for the signing was that Damon (health) and Atkins (Contract) probably would not even be a part of the team after this season.

- J-Will, you must admit, walked into a good situation. The aquistion of JWill had some but not a ton to do with the Heat winning the championship. Giving him and Posey as much credit as you do takes too much away from DWade in my opinion.

The Heat were a good team with talent all around. Yes Jwill and Posey helped, but part of the reason I started this thread was to remind everyone what the Grizz still may get out of this trade with the Heat: 11 million dollars under the salary cap!

- Yes we will be losing a SG, and Billups is a PG. But we are hurt the most at the PG position after this season as we can more realistically play Mike Miller as a quality starter at the SG position than anyone at the PG position in the 07-08 season as it stands now.

Thank you HTR, kailer and knickscity for posting something with actual thought behind it. Its good to see some real activity in the Grizz board.

Last edited by J-Memphis : 08-21-2006 at 01:21 AM.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote