View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #12
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
TheGame i love the eric gordon avatar, i got a chance to play against him this year he's nasty
He's the best high school shooting guard I've seen in a long time. Granted, I don't get to see everyone. But that kind of scoring ability, combined with the all-around intensity he brings to every facet of the game- rebounding, defending, etc- well, there's a reason everyone has him ranked No. 2 or even No. 1 overall in the nation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Or maybe if the football team is decent for once and according to thegame we shouldnt be the laughing stock of Big Ten any more...we can talk about how we killed Ohio State!:
Let's not get it twisted....I'm looking forward to the OSU game, but that's because they may be the No. 1 team in the nation and I can't wait to see Troy Smith and Ted Ginn in person. (That's the great thing about Illinois football...even though we've sucked most of my life, I still get to see future NFL stars in person every season. They just play for the other teams.)

Don't know if we'll climb out of "laughingstock" status quite yet, but I'm confident that Zook has the program pointed in the right direction, and we should be better. Hey, if Penn State can go from 4-7 to 11-1, in large part because of big contributions from freshmen playmakers, I see no reason we can't at least go from "awful" to "halfway respectable."
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote