View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: DJ Augustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Augustin will be a good role player, but I don't think will ever be a great player. You insert him into a team like the Celtics and I think he could be like Rondo. Winning always makes you look like a better player. But if you plug him into the Bulls or Bobcats and he wouldn't even do as well as Hinrich or Felton I don't think. However, I don't think there are many guys in this draft that would really be big difference makers in their careers, so even late in the lottery I do think he could be a good pickup.

I'd say he falls somewhere between Bobby Jackson and TJ Ford.

I agree, but the fact that he's clearly the best pure pg (Rose isn't) of the draft, he may get picked higher than he should. I think he's more 20-25 material than lottery. The emerge of Paul and D.Williams may also lift his stock, but then again the fact that Conley didn't contribute immediately could have a negative effect (I know it's stupid, but trends like this do affect the draft).

I don't think the quality of pg's in this draft is very good. Lawson has some potential, but picking him is a risk (is he definitely in?)
disco is offline   Reply With Quote