View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #28
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABTY7
Couple problems with that deal- 1.) The Bucks would want a substantially larger package for both Villanueva and Redd; 2.) The money doesn't work out in that deal and 3.) It really doesn't make us that much better-

A more realistic proposal would be sending Milwaukee a Skiles fav in Andres Nocioni, Larry Hughes and Tyrus Thomas in exchange for Michael Redd and Charlie Bell. In this scenario draft Michael Beasley is a no brainer and sets our line-up to something along the lines of:

Hinrich/Bell
Redd/Thabo
Deng/Free Agent (James Posey comes to mind- maybe a Devean George?)
Beasley/Gooden
Noah/Gray

A far superior offensive team from what we've had in the past.

I like it. Seems we have similar mind sets, it'd be easier to build off a Beasley pick than a Rose. And if you look at the incomming classes, they are filled with great guards - not so many Michael Beasley's in those classes.

I like how the back up point guard spot filled by Bell, he is a solid player, but instead of filling the 3 spot with a free agent like the HATED James Posey, why not try to swap 2nd round picks. Give them our next years pick for their 2nd rounder this year, since I don't think we have a 2nd rounder this year.

Maybe Bill Walker could fall into our lap? Beasley and Walker...
JR Giddens comes to mind who is a freak in the open floor and would provide solid offense off the bench. Or a guy like Richard Roby who could of been a late first rounder if he would of came out after his freshmen or sophmore season - but chose to stay, he has solid expierence. Even though those 3 guys are more of just really tall and athletic 2 guards, they could easily fill in at the 3 due to their speed and quickness - it'd be a nice change up from Deng who is more of the spot up shooter - you'd have a slasher who wouldn't just settle for jumpers.

And as you said, either way it's a win-win, but Pax is still going to have to do some work after the pick, if that be get a low post guy if you draft Rose, or get a taller shooting guard if you draft Beasley.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote