View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
paytonfan
I airball my layups

paytonfan has no real reputation yet.
Default Sonics need to make these moves...

Here is my annual pre draft trade idea. Last year I was a little over ambitious... hopefully this seems more plauseable.

1. Send Chris Wilcox and filler to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich and filler. This works for the Bulls as the free up the space in the back court for Rose and gives them a slightly better offensive option at PF/C to go with Gooden (Thomas and/or Noah need to be traded). This works for Seattle when you see their next moves.

2. Trade Ridnour and one of our lesser centers (Sene?) to Miami for Udonis Haslem. Makes room for Beasley in Miami and gives them an upgrade a PG.

3. Draft Brook Lopez.

This would give us a starting team of:

C Lopez
PF Haslem
SF Green
SG Durant
PG Hinrich

To me this is a very young / well balanced team. I have to believe Hinrich just needs a change of scenery. He is the sort of player that could lead these guys. I just think Bayless would be a good player but he wouldn't address our front court/decade long needs.

With a front court of Haslem and Lopez (Petro, Swift and Collison as backup) we finally have a balanced front court. One offensive minded and the other defensive with a mid range jumper.

What you all think?
paytonfan is offline   Reply With Quote