View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #37
frayed knot
Banned

Default Re: You are picking between PS3, 360 or Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I hear this alot actually, and sorry, but it sounds like your arguing just for the sake of arguing. Name me some games where it's just graphics and you don't play anything, please tell me.

Quote:
Again, it's something like your arguing just for the sake of arguing. How can you say that is a real shooter and what we have now isn't. Just because your game came out like 10 years ago doesn't make it any more real then any shooter out now.
You should have researched video game genres before typing this.

Quote:
And almost every game now a days can be played for a life time, not only do you have high scores, longer game plays, missions etc, but you have online multiplayer and other capabilities like updates to ensure that the game is always fun and that you don't get bored.

Quite the opposite. A majority of single player games today can be finished in 12h or less. There is greater emphasis on multiplayer and most developers simply ignore the market for offline play. Many games are obsolete within a year's time, and the multiplayer dies along with it.

Quote:
The bolded is what I call a filler line, you put that **** in while basically saying nothing. How do these games today not match those? Tell me please how todays games don't match those. You think they arn't fun? Why is everyone buying them so much? Why are there so many being created, why is it so succesful?
Why is everyone buying them so much? Greater marketing and exposure.
Why are there so many being created? cash grab.
Why is it so successful? I don't know how you measure success? MS pimping out Bungie for the Halo franchise?

Quote:
Ok, please tell me how the games we have now are not real games.

Your literally the "hippy" of video games. Your just hating on the new technology because it's taking away all of your friends who play your "DoDonPachi" and making them play games of higher levels. All of those games are of the most simplistic forms.

Have you even played these games which you mock?
frayed knot is offline   Reply With Quote