Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #35
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Couple of FWIW rumors:

Guy in Minnesota is speculating about a 9th/Ammo for 3rd/filler trade...the Minny organization has been asked twice (last time this AM) and won't comment.

Laker fan on RealGM says we are in "serious" talks about a Odom/Crash swap.
Those 2 deals go through, our starting line-up becomes Felton, Mayo, JRich, Odom, Okafor... kinda small but still playoff potential in the East, especially under Larry Brown. Problem is that we still wouldn't have any depth, which is the major concern.

However, I think Minny will get a lot better offers than 9 + Ammo for 3 unless they send us some terrible contract so they can go after a free agent. That terrible contract is Antoine Walker. If we took on him and Odom, we would clear $24 mil in cap space after next season! That would be pretty spectacular considering we could still have Felton, Mayo, Jrich, and Okafor under contract + cap space. Now if we could only ship off Carroll's contract. However, we really want to have cap space in the 2010 off season, not the 2009 off season.

I do think the Wallace for Odom deal could certainly come to be. It would allow us to clear a ton of cap space in a year. But isn't G-Dub a BYC player? That rule always confuses me with trades.

Last edited by TarHeelBorn : 06-24-2008 at 01:04 AM.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote