View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #13
bonez26
Local High School Star

Default Re: Raptors sign jawai to guaranteed 2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Can't this be said about basically any young player? This is just another example where fans see a few youtube videos, look at a guys stats playing in the YMCA league and think he'll be a star. How about this time, we all take it slow. He is not going to take mins from Humphries.

Anyone remember Priest Lauderdale?

There are actually scouting reports on Jawai that he gets winded while playing! He's only been playing for 5 years and has a limited skill set. Nice size and potential to keep getting better. I hope he spends a lot of time in the D League getting tons of mins and playing against other team's projects like Sene and O'Bryant types. They will be way way way way better competition then he's used to.

Yes we've all seen the youtube video's...it's not what he does. I't how he goes about doing it. His style of play is unique to the Raps. It will definitely take time to develop, as with any young player (as you mention)...it's the little things he does his drop step the way he uses his body to create space...the way he uses left and right hands...the way he's aggresive and tries to dunk it everytime he close to the rim. You can see the difference between the players that got the right coaching and motivation (ie. people like Brand and even on a smaller scale Diogu and Millsap) as opposed to guys put in the wrong situation (is. Robert Traylor and Mike Sweetney). I think now they have a guy Dave Herbert working with them solely that he will turn into a really good role player and have a long NBA career...hopefully with the Raps.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote