View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: What kind of contract do you think Bargnani will get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
I still feel like Colangelo made the JO deal with the best of both worlds in mind - ie hopefully O'Neal helps them win now and get to a 50-win team these next couple years, and if Bargnani has figured it out to the point that he's worth a contract, we let 32-year old O'Neal walk when his contract is over and lock up Andrea. Conversely, if Bargnani has still done nothing by that point, they're both gone and the Raptors use that cap money on one or two nice free agents.

Either way, unless JO has helped the Raps to the Conference Finals I doubt they re-sign him at the age of 32 with the kind of free agents that'll be there.

I tend to agree with this. He made this trade with hopes that JO can help them win now, but its also not a huge risk since JO is only under contract for this season.

Where I disagree is the thought that Colangelo would let both walk if we fail to do well in the playoffs this year. I think that one of 2 things would happen or both. First being that Sam Mitchell would probably be fired, and the second that he would probably let JO go and just resign Bargnani because of age and "potential." and not only that, I can see Bargnani having an agent who will ask for something like a 3 year 30 mill contract at least, or something of that nature. But we will see.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote