View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is our guard situation a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
I think in shot clock situations, and at the end of close games, jose stepped up big in many occassions (the game we beat boston for example)...

he has the ability to beat opponent pg's one on one.. and manages to dish to other players when help comes in the paint

anyways, yes we did just shift the weakness to another area.. but lacking great guard plays can be compensated by a good frontcourt for sure... I would take a the combo of good frontcourt poor backcourt OVER poor frontcourt good backcourt any day, or else we'll just be the a former sixers (with allen iverson), or new york knicks, or a yao-less rocket, or a gasol-less lakers... these teams have great backcourt by lacks frontcourt...
EXACTLY! I'm glad someone else see's this. Lets say you take the Spurs for example since they've won the most recently. Would you like their chances better with Duncan, Anthony Parker, and Jose Calderon.. or with Manu, Tony Parker and... lets say Bargnani?

How about Boston, do you think that same team they had last year minus KG would've won a championship?

HOw about the Lakers, do they have 3 championships if you take away Shaq and add an average center? I mean I do see the point of guards usually taking over near the end of games but bigs lay the foundation. and If we have JO and Bosh inside, all they have to do is take it in, get doubled, and then dish it out to one of our shooters, AP, Kapono, Calderon.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote