View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
1. Rebounding - preferrably a legit 5, a tough, physical guy that can give double digit rebounding numbers and block shots, draft - Aldridge, FA - Pryzbilla, Mohammed, Nene, Reggie Evans, trade - J. O'Neal, Gasol, Magloire

2. Floor leadership - a pass-first PG, a guy that would get everyone involved first before shooting, can guard his own position and can hit the open J and be especially effective on the pick-n-roll with Bosh, FA - Speedy Claxton, trade - Brevin Knight, Luke Ridnour

3. Bench - get enough quality guys to make Matt Bonner the 12th man, instant offence and lock-down defenders wanted

I agree with almost everything said here. These are definitely the raps needs. Only thing I don't like is the big plodding Centre. We still want to run and Pryz/Magloire/Nazr would hurt more then help, plus cost tons of dough. Add to the fact they are ALWAYS injured and you get the point. Aldridge would run, can develop some more muscle and be a dalembert/keon clark type C with more althletic ability. You don't have to be slow and huge to play C and rebound and block. I would much prefer a 'new breed' of NBA centre then the token crap some team throw out at the opening tip for a few mins a game.....like the raps did with Hoffa.