View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #18
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Default Re: Bargnani Will Make or Break the Raptors!

What really screwed us, if you really think about it, was the fact that we couldn't take Oden out of high school. I think the NBA might have specifically changed that rule just so GO, who will be the new "Shaqesque-big-personality-center" in Stern's ideal world, wouldn't end up on a Canadian team.

I mean, I find it hard to hate Bargnani because WE drafted him #1 Overall. He just isn't #1 Draft pick material. Look at the #1 draftees before him. Bogut, Dwight, Lebron, Yao Ming. And after him Oden, Rose. He clearly was never going to belong in that company. Hell, Roy and Gay probably won't be better than any of those players except possibly Bogut and Rose. As for Kwame, **** he's the most staggering case of bad scouting maybe in the history of professional sports, there is little chance that Bargs will have as embarrassing and irrelevant of a career as Kwame.

And really, it wasn't a very good draft. At all.

- Adam Morrison at #3 is a far bigger bust than Bargs because that pick was more important to the Bobcats future.

- Lamarcus Aldridge is showing promise, but he will probably never be an All-Star, which is what the top American big man prospect should be. Not a knock against Aldridge, he is the third best player in the draft, and a fringe All-Star PF, who will now be paired with a certain future-Superstar center who we should have been able to draft instead of Bargs, is not a bad thing for Portland to walk away with. Oh, and they got the best player in this draft as well. The man we should have drafted. But I'll get to him and his sole partner in relevance.

- Tyrus Thomas is another Stromile Swift or Gerald Green at this point, a freakishly athletic moron. Big bust, Bulls would be infinitely better off with Lamarcus, in fact him paired with Big Ben might have actually worked.

- Randy Foye has already missed most of a season with injury, and it doesn't look like he will ever really fit in with the Wolves, because he doesn't have PG skills.

- Shelden Williams = major bust for the Hawks at #5. How this butt-ugly scrub managed to woo AP's attractive and uber-talented sister is beyond me. I imagine personality and love might have helped, but god Shelden is ugly.

- Patrick O'Bryant at #9 for the GSWs. He ain't ever going to look like Amare at #9, let's put it that way.

- Mouhamed Sene? At #10? Yeesh, no wonder Seattle doesn't exist anymore.

- Paul Millsap at #47??? Hindsight is 20/20, but how the **** was he not a lottery pick given this plethora of mediocrity ahead of him? Hell, Millsap would probably be more useful to us than Bargs is!

- JJ Redick. Marcus Williams. Thabo Sefolosha. Josh Boone. Rodney Carney. Renaldo Balkman. Hilton Armstrong. Jordan Farmar. Craig Smith. Leon Powe. Cedric Simmons. Most of these guys are mediocre at best. Some are decent, but we certainly couldn't have drafted them over Bargs.

Now for the players that we definitely should have picked over Bargs (in order) : Brandon Roy. Rudy Gay. LaMarcus Aldridge.

And the players who would have really been a reach but would be more useful to us than Bargs currently is: Ronnie Brewer. Rajon Rondo. Daniel Gibson. Paul Millsap.

It was a WEAK draft. Comparable to the 2000 draft, seriously. The one rule we should have had in that draft is "NO POWER FORWARD." Seeing as there was no top center prospect or top PG prospect who could even be close to being considered a consensus #1 pick, and seeing as or wings were Mo Pete, Fred Jones, AP and Graham, we should have been looking for the best AMERICAN wing prospect, which would obviously have led us to one of Roy or Gay. Definitely not a 7'0 jump shooting Euro.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 09-13-2008 at 05:14 AM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote