View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Bargnani bigger, Jawai out!

Instead of making differents threads, and getting minimal discussions in each, I have decided to make it just one because they are correlated.

Quote:
Andrea Bargnani has bulked up to about 262 pounds and says heís ready to battle other big men in the low post, Bosh is ready to find a way to co-exist with the best big man heís ever had a chance to play beside and Calderon said heís ready to assume even more responsibility as the teamís starting point guard.
http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/508406

Interesting to say the least. I thought he'd be getting skinnier, but the raps wanted him to bulk up and they really are trying to get him to turn into a post player. We really need him to come up big for us, we got no depth and we just got a little weaker,
Quote:
Toronto Raptors forward-centre Nathan Jawai is going to have to wait a little longer before embarking on an NBA career.

The Raptors announced Monday that Jawai will be held out of training camp after routine preseason cardiac screenings raised concerns about the Raptors' second pick. Instead of playing basketball, Jawai will undergo further tests that are expected to be concluded by the end of the week.
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...asketball/home

While nobody expected much out of him, he was still there for depth issues and whatnot, but with him being out, things got a lot more interesting. I think the Raptors will end up signing someone from somewhere. Maybe a rebirth of Pape Sow is in order (no sources, just want him back) - but I think having 6 bigs on a team is ideal. Especially given the health history of our top 2 bigs...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote