View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Is anyone else a little shaky about the Spurs this season?

I'm very shaky. For whatever reason, the Spurs couldn't bring in the talent, and now are once again relying on Duncan, Parker and Ginobli to make up the slack for their teammates (like all other titles).

I'm interested to see Mason and Salim, however. The Spurs haven't had a capable three since...Gervin? No, Sean Elliot, of course. Mason could develop into a passable, clutch player within the Spurs system, like Raja Bell for the Suns.

The Spurs are always in need of shooters! If Salim could develop into anything close to a no fear shooter, a-la Eddie House, watch out!

As for the Spurs competing, barring other serous injuries, I still think they are capable of playing tough defense, grinding out wins with the collective experience of Duncan and Parker till Manu returns, and finishing in the top 4 seeds in the West, all while rounding into form for the playoffs. I even think Manu's injury may help Mason etc's development, but Pop must commit to playing the younger players, which he has always loathed.

So, we'll see!

Unless we don't, lol.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote