Thread: for garnett??
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #20
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Butler is better than Davis, and I'm sure the Wolves would trade Garnett for Arenas, who is about 7 years younger.

Age means nothing when you're trying to get to the NBA Finals. KG is still in his prime and the Wolves are trying to get him a championship, even though it may not seem like it. I lost track, but KG has been the face of the Timberwolves franchise for years now (similar to AI in philly). You dont trade a top 5 player and improve your team, unless you get a top 5 or 10 guy in return. Not only would that proposed trade of Jamison, Butler, & Haywood be bad from a fan/marketing standpoint... It wouldn't improve the T-Wolves at all, so why do it?? You say that Butler is better than Davis and I dont really agree, i can't really say that one of them is really better than the other. They're both guys who will give you 19-20 pts a game. I havent been able to watch Butler all that much but i'm guessing he's probably the better defender, but i'm guessing Ricky Davis is the better passer. KG will NEVER end up in Washington unless Arenas is involved in the deal... and even then, who knows.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote