View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
If we are able to grab that #1 pick, I would say go with my fellow UConn Husky, Hasheem Thabeet. With Thabeet, we have a legit center, so we can move Big Al back to his power forward spot (his natural position). Thabeet may lack offensive awareness, but the kid is still getting better and working on his game with Hakeem and Dikembe Mutombo, which means we could have a very scary front court with Big Al and Thabeet and Ryan Gomes.

Thabeet is great on the defensive side of the ball. He can change the flow of a game in a heartbeat. I would pick this player first.

My vision for our starting five:
C: Thabeet
PF: Big Al
SF: Ryan Gomes
SG: Mike Miller
PG; Randy Foye

Off the bench:
K-Love
CB 22
McCants
Telfair
Smith (Craig)
Trading picks and a player is always optional. We could probably still get better in the lottery if we can't win games without Jefferson. We will see how Love fairs and what about Blake Griffin? Isn't he projected #1 still? He is pretty good. It would be pretty weird to see a native white guy go first. When was the last time a native white player went first in the draft? Andrew Bogut wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. Andrea Bargnani wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. It just never happens.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote