View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

ThunderCover has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chandler likely headed to the Thunder..

Royce and Joe run an excellent blog for all things Thunder http://www.dailythunder.com/. Here's a post from Royce on the trade....

Quote:
I love this trade. I absolutely love everything about it. Sure Chandler’s numbers are a bit down this year but he hasn’t been completely healthy and frankly, I don’t think he’s been completely happy this year. But he’s a game changer for OKC. Right now, Nick Collison is starting at center and is playing horribly out of position. He’s a solid four, but for instance against the Lakers, Pau Gasol absolutely abused him. Nenad Krstic is a jump shooter and a decent post player but he’s not an enforcer in the paint. OKC needs a guy like Chandler. When he’s at his best, he’s a 12-12 type of guy and even at his “worst” he’s an 8-8 type of guy that can block shots - which is better than anything OKC’s got right now.

Great trade for OKC and another notch on Sam Presti’s “You got punk’d” belt (or “You got “Presti’d?”). Somehow he gives up a 33-year-old big man (Smith), another that hasn’t been playing real minutes in a month (Wilcox) and the 50th pick from last year’s draft (Devon Hardin). He keeps OKC’s five first round picks over the next two years and gets a 26-year-old 7-foot-1 big man that fills a huge need. I realize New Orleans was really trading for expiring contracts, but Presti made it happen and so far it looks nice.

I love a starting five of Westbrook, Weaver, Durant, Green and Chandler with Collison, Krstic and Watson off the bench. While it may not seem like it, this actually really helped OKC’s depth. Now you’ve got a quality big man like Nick Collison coming off the bench. Obviously, there’s a lot more to be done, but this is a great start. Welcome back (sort of) to Oklahoma, Tyson.
ThunderCover is offline   Reply With Quote