View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
That's not to say that's how everyone felt. Even my rascist grandfather loved Magic. He followed the NBA pretty closely and held Magic on a pedastal above everyone else, including Bird. He lives in Mississippi, a notoriously rascist area. There are certain players that transcend race, and it's sad that certain black players don't get the same respect certain white players do, but that's the way it is.

Jordan was one of those players who was not white or black, but just "the greatest player who ever lived". He was a hero to every boy growing up, black or white, or asian. He is known by everyone in the world. I can't possibly see how him being white gets him more endorsements, or more international acclaim.

Edit: I'm not saying he would be less popular, but that he would be exactly the same. There's nowhere else to go from the most recognizeable person, most loved athlete, etc. He's already at the top.

you missed the point in what I said...... the reason Magic & Bird were so popular was because they were opposites and they were big time rivals

neither one of them would have been as popular alone as they were together....the fact that they were both
*incredible players
*opposites
*rivals
thats what made them popular....

Magic was Showtime
Bird was blue collar

that situation in this country at that time made for great theatre

Quote:
you seriously have a one track mind.

cant help it......look where we live at...look at the title of this thread.....may as well speak the truth

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 06-15-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote