View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...to_Eagles.html

Quote:
Andrews, 27, the brother of Eagles right guard Shawn Andrews, said the prospect of playing alongside his brother was thrilling.

"That would be great. It'd be a great feeling. It'd be a boost for Shawn and me, (and) the organization. It's something I'm looking forward to .. It'd be great to be playing right beside my brother, dominatin' over there.

"It was something we've been talking about every since we first got to the league" in the 2004 draft, he said. Shawn went from Arkansas to the Eagles in the first round, Stacy went from Ole Miss to the Bengals in the fourth.

Stacy was franchised by the Bengals last season, but tore both his ACL and his MCL at Cleveland Dec. 21 and underwent reconstructive knee surgery Jan. 7, though there is talk that the surgery wasn't as bad as feared, that the MCL would have healed on its own. He is 6-7, 342.

"Doing great, doing great," Andrews said when asked about his knee. "I'm ahead of schedule."

He said he will be ready for the start of training camp.

"I was asleep when my agent (Rich Moran) called me," Andrews said. "It was a great wake-up call."

The acquisition of Andrews would seem to signal the end of Runyan's courageous nine-year run with the Eagles, in whch Runyan played every game, through several injuries, including a knee problem that required microfracture surgery following the past season. He became a free agent this morning.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote