View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #31
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Default Re: What is your stance on embryonic stem cell research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
I very much doubt you're telling the whole story with the cancers. I'm betting they were terminally ill, with no other real options, and they try 'experimental therapy'. Doctors don't just guinea pig healthy patients. I just wish people would stop pretending to portray **** by trying to dupe people with half truths just so they'll side with them

As for my stance i think its completely retarded for people to defend embryo's that aren't going to be born human beings. I'm also not a scientist, but from what i've read many scientists swear stem cell research will lead to many breakthrough's in medicine/science. Its the naysayers that hold us back from finding cures with their moral preachings that have always been garbage. Religion has always been the bane to the development and evolution of science/medicine, and this is no different.

jeez.. read the MSNBC link I put up there written by a M.D.

I just rewrote what was on there.

RMWG:

Republicans and their God are hindering progress. Agreed. They just threatened to filibuster Obama's nomination of a Democrat majority in the Supreme Court.... after they called filibustering from the Democrats of Bush's majority Republican nominations "reprehensible"

but if iPSC (inducible pluripotent stem cells), derived from your own cells (no embryos would be used) could also lead to forming organs and tissue and all that, would you be in favor of that over embryonic stem cells? (as outlined in the link I provided)
Skyscraper is online now   Reply With Quote