View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone here into GIS?

I currently work as an environmental geographer, and while I don't hold any certification in GIS I do use it in my work every day and have for like 6 or 7 years. I took some courses in it for my Masters, but they didn't teach me much I hadn't already gotten from on-the-job experience. Love the technology, there so much power in the ability to display information spatially, everything from statistics to photographs can be represented on a map or dissected geographically, it's an amazing tool.

I used arcGIS for a while, but I got fed-up with the proprietary nature of it, so I've been transitioning my whole office's workflows to open source alternatives to allow for better information sharing. If there is one thing I hate about GIS it is the plethora of data formats that don't often convert cleanly.

Last edited by kwajo : 03-11-2009 at 06:02 AM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote