View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Default Re: Better album All Eyez on Me or Life After Death?

Quote:
Life After Death is not Biggie's best album, this cannot be argued(Ready To Die is)
I agree with you but I think it probably could be argued.

I think All Eyez On Me was a little better. The difference between the two is razor thin. 'All About U', 'Got My Mind Made Up', '2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted', 'Life Goes On', 'California Love', 'Can't C Me', 'Shorty Wanna Be A Thug', 'Picture Me Rollin', 'Rather Be Ya', 'All Eyez On Me' are allll my jams.

But Biggie came hard with 'Hypnotize'. That was in every club at every second across the country when that dropped. Then add 'Kick In The Door', 'I Love The Dough', 'Mo Money Mo Problems', 'I Got A Story To Tell', 'Going Back To Cali', 'Ten Crack Commandments', 'Nasty Boy', 'Sky's The Limit'.

Pac's seemed to have more hits to me. Production goes to Life After Death, though All Eyez On Me had great production too. They're too good albums to compare because they are both MUCH different than the albums that preceded them. All Eyez On Me is worlds different from Me Against the World, and Life After Death is worlds different from Ready to Die. Both albums are much more upbeat, much more fun to listen to, and still contain good lyricism. Both are among my favorites ever. (Though I like Ready to Die over Life After Death). Some of my favorite bars from those albums... both coming from the very first lines they kick on the tracks.

"Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns
As I crush so-called willies, thugs, and rapper-dons
Get in that ass, quick fast, like ramadan
Its that rap phenomenon Don-Dadda

"So mandatory my elevation my lyrics like orientation
So you can be more familiar with the n1gga you facing
We must be patient, nothing's better than communication
Known to damage and highly flamable like gas stations
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote