View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cigarette/sin taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
people won't stop smoking though... i mean, if you're at a pack a day, can you see yourself ever stopping? doubt it.

in canada cigs are pretty heavily taxed. i think its close to $10 a pack these days and it wasn't so long ago it was only like $6 i think (i have never smoked so i'm not 100% sure) but we do it mainly to fund our health care. most of these cig smokers end up in hospitals later in life and suck up a huge amount of free healthcare so it all works out.

probably would have legalized and heavily taxed weed by now if the US wasn't so dead-set against it.
meh, I was a 2 pack a day smoker of pall mall unfiltereds and I quit.

Itd be interesting to see what canada would do with dope if the US didnt so heavily tie their foreign aid and international diplomacy to the war on drugs.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote