View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Could Lawrence Franks Job be in jeopardy this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i don't think so.
i've read more than one good writer claim that frank would have no problem getting another NBA head coaching job.

and to be fair to frank, there is very little talent on this team by the standards of other teams. we have approximately two players that other teams would actually be enthusiastic about, one star that nobody has wanted for a couple years, a couple rotation players that nobody is excited about and the rest, guys who are castoffs from other teams.

so let's be fair- that's not much to work with.

and those same players will get sick and tired of his shrill, obnoxious voice within a year or two and would run him out on a rail just like they did in dallas.

can we just skip all that and hire a jordan or a saunders instead?

I wouldn't be so sure based on beat writers or whoever saying he'd land a HC job. It really depends on the openings, but I see him having to take a job as an Assistant.

And you're right, he does have very little talent to work with, but we're also getting beaten by teams with little talent.

I thought it was a rift in management, mainly Cuban and Johnson that led to his departure in Dallas.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote