1. Why does the Nets scorekeeper (or whoever) take so long to put points on the board? Sometimes the Nets will score and their points wont show up on the screen until after the next play. Or if they hit a 3-pointer, only two points will be added and after the next play the extra point will be added. This usually prompts Marv's signature sassy tone, as he scowls "The score is eighty-THREE
to eighty-two."(see #4 for more on that) No other network is like this, so anyone know whats up?
2. Why is the Izod Center always full of front runners? When we played the Lakers, there were more people cheering for them than for the Nets. Actually, it sounded like NO ONE was cheering for the Nets. I felt like I was watching a game from the Staples Center. Same thing happens when any other hot sh*t team rolls into town. That's gotta be pretty disheartening to our boys.
3. Does Nancy Newman ever brush her hair? No. The answer is no.
4. Why do Marv Albert and Mike Fratello still work together? These men clearly do not enjoy each other's company. The tension between them is palpable. They both seem to come to life when you put them on another network and stick Reggie Miller between them, but when left alone they're just two old men bickering over meaningless stats and other random nonsense. (and you cant tell me its humor theyre going for. if you think its funny listening to them, then you're probably due back at the nursing home right now).
5. Why are the Nets not lowering ticket prices? "Special discount nights" for games when we're playing the sh*ttiest teams in the league is not gonna cut it. No matter what team we play, there are gonna be loads of empty seats. It's simple math: You're franchise is losing money. Wouldn't it be better to make a small profit than to lose
money? Plus the economy is hurting bad and NJ has been hit as hard as anywhere, so why not give the fans a break?
6. Why does Devin Harris still chuck up 3-pointers within the first 5 seconds of the shot clock? Even if the Nets are winning, he still does it. He doesn't seem patient enough to wait for his teammates to catch up and insists on throwing up low-percentage outside shots, which almost always results in a blown possession. This is something he's been doing all season long (in pre-season too) and Lawrence Frank has had ample time to correct this. So were 75 games into the season now... why is this still going on?
These are just things I've been noticing all season and I was in a rambling mood today. They're numbered, in case you wanna refer to a specific question.
Edit: Didn't realize it at first, but it's also my 100th post