View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #43
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Definative 2009 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
@ Fitzgerald being a "fast speed WR"

he is a possession WR...PERIOD

and his speed is very below average for an NFL WR...

in fact (just a guess) he might be the SLOWEST #1 WR in the entire NFL...I can't think of any that are slower...

the 40 is overrated in determining "TALENT"....not "SPEED"

if you run a 4.2 then YOU ARE F*CKIN FAST...
Dude I honestly wonder how much knowledge you retain when you watch/discuss/read football.

Do you even know what a possession receiver is? Keyshawn Johnson was a possession WR. Larry Fitzgerald has a much more versatile skill set.

" A possession receiver is generally the more sure-handed of the two types and is used to keep possession of the ball by making catches that gain first down yardage, but he usually lacks the speed to attack a defensive backfield."

^^ That sure sounds a lot like Larry Fitzgerald.

Larry is faster or as fast than plenty of #1 WRs:

Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin
Antonio Bryant
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Donald Driver
TJ Housh
Derrick Mason

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 04-23-2009 at 05:52 PM.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote