View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Chuck's 2009 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Not bad, a few things I'd like to comment on.

3. I think this is a reach for Jordan Hill and he'll be exposed in private workouts, don't think he'll slide much farther than 7 or 8, but can't see him cracking the top 3.

6. Can't see the Grizzlies taking Tyreke Evans that high when they already have Mayo, Evans needs the ball in his hands too much to coexist with OJ.

7. If the Warriors are looking for a pure point guard, then Jennings is not the pick, he's more of a combo guard. I do think he'd flourish in this system though.

13. Don't see how Dejuan Blair is a high risk, high reward player. He's one of the few players that you know exactly what you'll be getting.

27. No way James Johnson drops this low, let alone out of the top 20.

3. I just don't see who else they pick other than Derozen. Thabeet? They already have Camby, Kaman and Jordan. Harden? They have Gordon. The PG's are a reach and they have Davis and Mike Taylor.

6. Evans - yeah I know, but who else is there, the next forward (which they need) is Clark, but that may be a reach. Evans is pretty much the BPA. They could keep him or trade him, but for a team with a fading fanbase a local guy like Evans probably couldn't hurt.

7. Jennings is more pure than Elllis who they have playing PG. Also not sure else who fits here since they have too many SG/SFs and Wright and Randolph at PF.

13. Dejuan is high risk since he is overweight and had two knee surgeries I believe. Sean May, anyone?

27. Probably not, but I didn't know who else would draft him.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote