View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #40
asd
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Giving David Stern credit for saving the league because he was the commish during the media boom of the 80s and 90s is like giving Roosevelt full credit for ending the great depression. Or giving a movie studio president credit for the SciFi movie explosion because his studio helped make Star Wars.

Youre taking the work of thousands of players and people who created the media age and disregarding them for the sake of David Stern because hteir actions changed modern sports. David Stern cant be given credit for more NBA coverage when networks to cover it as they do now didnt EXIST before him. He cant be given credit for players making money when they made more than anyone in the 70s before him. He cant be given credit for being in charge when Magic, Bird, and MJ came along. He cant be given credit for nike spending billions to shove players images down our throats to sell shoes.

David Stern saving the NBA is a belief that comes from numbers with no consideration being given to the situation that created them.

I'm not saying that Stern didn't ride the coattails Bird, Magic, and Jordan. Also, I'm not saying that David Stern invented the television.

What I am saying is that with the aid of his leadership, the NBA has experienced tremendous financial success, and he should not be fired.

-a new ball
-dress code
-higher basket

When it comes to firing the commissioner of the NBA, this type of reasoning is trivial and in no way should be held in higher light than the NBA's monumental revenues.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote