View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Most 2009 NBA draft prospects are scrubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
According to ESPN here's their Top 10, and what I think of them:

The Good:
1. Blake Griffin - Might be a future all-star, but has no superstar potential.
4. James Harden - May be the only surprise in the draft (See: Eric Gordon).
8. Stephen Curry - He's the next Mo Williams. Will make a good complimentary shooter.

The Bad:
2. Ricky Rubio - Slated as the next Nash, but will fail to live up to the hype.
3. Hasheem Thabeet - Might be solid, but Tyson Chandler is his ceiling... IE: another wasted top 3 pick.
5. Jordan Hill - Athleticism will only get you so far as a Hakim Warrick clone.
10. James Johnson - His versatility is intriguing, but won't make any real noise.

The Ugly:
6: DeMar DeRozan - He'll be the first one to see the D-League.
9. Brandon Jennings - Suprised he struggled so badly overseas and gets projected top 10.

Blake Griffin is one of the most atheletic PF to ever come out of college.
Harden can become a great player, I agree.
Curry is just not that good; you have to watch him, not just read his boxscore. He is a bigger AI-lite at best (ball hog rookies can't find good homes) with better three point shooting. (His brother Seth will be a better prospect in a few years).
Rubio is insulted as your comparison; he is a Chris Paul level passing/stealing/vision point guard in a bigger frame, with less atheletic genes.
Tahbeet, legit 7'3" that doesn't look stiff while running. How many of those are in the NBA?
Jennings is an elite prospect; boxscore values in european leagues are depressed severely. The highest PPG in the spanish league is like only 16 and apg around 5 (I know he plays in Italy).
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote