View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He can play C in the NBA. he wouldn't be able to guard say Shaq too well. But considering 90% of all NBA centers are either jumpshooters (Aldridge has the necessary length) or players with no offensive skill whose only offensive weapon is offensive rebounding, which Lamarcus is a fine rebounder, I think he'd do fine.

And as far as I know he's the biggest guy in this draft, right? There isn't any thought involved in this pick. Aldridge is the guy. If Lamarcus can't play C, Bargnani can? The only thing other than drafting Aldrige they should look into is to trade that pick for JO if Bird keeps that deal on the table.

Large words from a guy that repeatedly said he doesn't watch college ball. Aldridge has some post moves, but is a bit of weakling in the post. He got stopped a Glen, 6-7, Davis. All he needed to do was face up Davis, but instead he was taking all those bull**** fadeaways and trying to backdown the 300 lb beast. Aldrige's game is not refined and he has the stench of a Keith VanHorn like-career ahead of him.

However, he is still athletic, long, and quick. Is he worth #1? I'm not sure. In the past years all the way up to 2001, he wouldn't be top 5 probably. But this year is the year of role players so he has a chance. I doubt he can play center though. He's a twig and he's too in love with that jump shot to play big. I guess if they work out a Marcus Camby thing, but I believe his position to be PF in the league.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote