View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Long Twist on a Mock Draft

This was on MSN's mock draft this morning, it's by Alan Smith from Draftnet.com.
Quote:
6. Timberwolves DeMar DeRozan SG 6-6 210 USC Freshman
DeRozan dispelled a lot of the concerns about him late in the season, showing desire and ability. With picks later in the draft, they could roll the dice on a guy like DeRozan here and look to address the PG position at 18 with players like Maynor, Flynn, Lawson, Mills and Teague potentially available.

And this is mine:

Quote:
5)WOLVES:
What I think will Happen: Brandon Jennings. Sebastian Telfair has had enough time to prove that he’s not a top flight NBA PG. Jennings can change ends with this young roster.

What I would do: A bit of a reach probably, but there’s a reason, Demar Derozen. Derozen reeks of a guy to me that will be a better pro than a collegian. His athleticism is off the charts, and he’s got the foundation of a good jumper. After Foye, Gomes and Mike Miller are both expirers, and could be used as bait. I think Brewer is terrible. Carney’s not unlike Derozen, but they could use the depth here, and Derozen’s upside is huge. More importantly, I agree that they could use a PG, but the position is deep this year, and they have two more first rounders. They could even package those and move up if they really fell for a specific guy like Jennings. Or they could wait and go after Lawson, Flynn, Holliday, Maynor, etc.

So who's the draftnet spy around here?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote