View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: My Long Twist on a Mock Draft

This was on MSN's mock draft this morning, it's by Alan Smith from Draftnet.com.
Quote:
6. Timberwolves DeMar DeRozan SG 6-6 210 USC Freshman
DeRozan dispelled a lot of the concerns about him late in the season, showing desire and ability. With picks later in the draft, they could roll the dice on a guy like DeRozan here and look to address the PG position at 18 with players like Maynor, Flynn, Lawson, Mills and Teague potentially available.

And this is mine:

Quote:
5)WOLVES:
What I think will Happen: Brandon Jennings. Sebastian Telfair has had enough time to prove that he’s not a top flight NBA PG. Jennings can change ends with this young roster.

What I would do: A bit of a reach probably, but there’s a reason, Demar Derozen. Derozen reeks of a guy to me that will be a better pro than a collegian. His athleticism is off the charts, and he’s got the foundation of a good jumper. After Foye, Gomes and Mike Miller are both expirers, and could be used as bait. I think Brewer is terrible. Carney’s not unlike Derozen, but they could use the depth here, and Derozen’s upside is huge. More importantly, I agree that they could use a PG, but the position is deep this year, and they have two more first rounders. They could even package those and move up if they really fell for a specific guy like Jennings. Or they could wait and go after Lawson, Flynn, Holliday, Maynor, etc.

So who's the draftnet spy around here?
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote