View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 AM   #32
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Being talked about comes along with being a public figure. If I didn't want people talking about me, I wouldn't be trying to play basketball for the NBA.

The thing about the NBA is that he really has no choice right now. The draft process is simple, you go wherever you're picked. Do you not realize this? What makes him so special that he gets to pick what city he goes to? If you support players whining about where they go in the draft, then you're slow.

Why are you on an NBA forum if you're so against discussion on other people's life?

He does have a choice though, to stay in Spain. The NBA isn't the only logical destination for professional basketball players anymore.

In order to come to the NBA, he has to 1) pay most of his buyout, 8 million dollars worth, and 2) play for a franchise that has continually shown an unwillingness to spend money and make the smart moves it takes to contend. So why not just live comfortably in your home country, become a millionairre, and contend for championships?

You want someone to blame? Blame the NBA for awarding the most inept franchises with lottery picks. Who's idea was it to reward the Clippers with Blake Griffin, despite their routinely bad management decisions and player personnel?

Last edited by joe : 05-21-2009 at 04:19 AM.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote