View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rubio ok with OKC but not memphis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Apparently, from what I've gathered from information, he doesn't want to go to a bad "franchise". The team in Memphis has a few major issues:

- They have a promising young guard with Conley who has won over the team and they are high on him. Rubio wouldn't come into the situation as a starter, and probably wouldn't be in a position to challenge him for the starting spot. I would anticipate the team trying to develop the 18 year old off the bench, and I don't think that's an ideal role from his viewpoint.

- Memphis isn't a good franchise. They are among the worst in attendance and fan support. They also are perennial losers who haven't won anything. They have some good developing talent, but that doesn't mean the team will suddenly become a winning franchise.

- Location. Tennessee isn't exactly the most attractive option for him.

The bottom line is that RR isn't going to pay millions of his own money to come to a mediocre team where he would be a backup in Tennessee when he can stay in Spain, keep his money, and run the team and be a star there.
well, lets see. OKC is also a terrible team. It does have better fan support and the FO hasnt had enough time to really judge them. Memphis is a much more cosmopolitan and worldly city than OKC and that really is my point. If its about not wanting to be in podunk USA, memphis is a better option than OKC. If its about playing time, I agree that Westbrook is a much better guard than Conley. If Rubio is as advertised, there is no way conley keeps the starting spot.

So, IMO, its a similar deal between memphis and OKC. Terrible team (and I really dont expect OKC to be much better next year). Memphis has worse fans, but how long does the OKC new franchise smell last? and memphis is a much better city.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote