View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Grinder's Official Mock Draft

Version 1.0

Quote:
1. Clippers - Blake Griffin (Oklahoma; PF)
We all know who the consensus number one pick is here and no explanation is necessary. Moving Zach Randolph and creating playing time for Blake Griffin will be the biggest issue.

2. Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio (DKV Joventut; PG)
I've been hearing that Ricky won't come over if he's drafted by Memphis so I wouldn't be surprised to see them work out a deal with Sacramento trade down. For now, I'm sticking with this pick.

3. Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet (Connecticut; C)
Thabeet fills a big hole in the middle and gives the Thunder an immediate shot blocking and interior defensive presence. A lineup of Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Green, and Thabeet is long, athletic, and a future perennial playoff team.

4. Kings - Brandon Jennings (Lottomatica Roma; PG)
The Kings have some good scorers at the wing positions in Martin, Garcia, and McCants, however they need a lot of help at the point guard position and while number four may be a reach for Jennings, they'll either trade down or snag him. I could see Jrue Holiday creeping up here as well.

5. Wizards - James Harden (Arizona State; SG)
The best player available at this point in the draft. Harden is an old school scorer and will play alongside Arenas and Butler nicely or they could bring him off the bench as the primary second unit scorer and sixth man.

6. Timberwolves - Tyreke Evans (Memphis; PG/SG)
It's becoming pretty obvious that Telfair is not a starter on a good team and Randy Foye is at his best playing the 2, so it makes sense for the Wolves to draft a guy that can fill voids at the 1 and 2. Tyreke is an excellent scorer and while he doesn't have that outside shot, he's got Miller, Foye, and Carney to stretch the floor. Evans, Foye, Love, and Al Jefferson is a nice core for a playoff team.

7. Warriors - Jordan Hill (Arizona; PF)
I can't see Hill slipping any further and although Nellie despises rookies, I could see Hill stepping in right away and getting playing time providing a tough, deep shotblocking front line with Biedrins, Turiaf, and Randolph (who will also see time at the 3).

8. Knicks - Stephen Curry (Davidson; PG/SG)
Curry is the ideal fit for D'Antoni's system and will probably be the leading rookie scorer should the Knicks draft him. The run 'n gun style will highlight his strengths and mask his weaknesses. Curry is a good ball hawk and will be able to gamble the passing lanes under D'Antoni as well.

9. Raptors - Demar Derozan (Southern California; SG/SF)
In a few years, people might look at this draft class and wonder why Derozan was drafted so late or people will look at this draft class and wonder why the Raptors took a Gerald Green clone in the top 10. Regardless of the bust potential, you can't pass up a guy this explosive who plays a position that the Raptors have a huge void in. Who knows, Derozan could become the second coming of Vince Carter in Toronto.

10. Bucks - Dejaun Blair (Pittsburgh; PF)
I expect the Bucks to let Villanueva walk and use their money to resign Sessions. Blair is a beast down on the boards, is extremely explosive and strong and will contribute right away. Blair is a Scott Skiles type of player and a front court of Jefferson, Blair, and Bogut looks promising.

11. Nets - James Johnson (Wake Forest; SF/PF)
The Nets need help at the 3 and 4 and Johnson can play both positions. He's athletic and can come in and score in bunches off the bench. He'll be a nice fit in New Jersey and should work his way into the rotation quickly.

12. Bobcats - Gerald Henderson (Duke; SG)
Henderson seems like a perfect fit for Larry Brown and the Bobcats and I can't envision Larry Brown letting Henderson fall past 12. He's athletic, can create his own shot, defend, and is an excellent team player. It doesn't hurt that he plays a position where they have absolutely no depth at behind Raja Bell.

13. Pacers - Jrue Holiday (UCLA; PG/SG)
Jarrett Jack probably won't stay with Indiana leaving them with Travis Diener as their backup point guard for the injury-prone TJ Ford and I don't think anyone in Indy wants to see Diener running their team. Jrue Holiday will be a good fit in O'Brien's system with his blazing speed in the open court and playmaking ability. He'll get minutes right away and should eventually take over the reigns of the team in a few years.

14. Suns - Jonny Flynn (Syracuse; PG)
It'll come down to Earl Clark and Jonny Flynn but I see the Suns ultimately picking Flynn as Steve Nash's successor in Phoenix. Flynn is a freak athlete, good distributor, defender, and not a bad shooter and is certaintly a better backup than Goran Dragic.

15. Pistons - Earl Clark (Louisville; SF/PF)
At this point, you've got to take the best player available and it'd be a shock to see a team not in the lottery pass up on Earl Clark. He's long, versatile, and could provide a lot of help in the second unit and eventually become their starting 4.

16. Bulls - BJ Mullens (Ohio State; C)

17. 76ers - Jeff Teague (Wake Forst; PG)

18. Timberwolves - Eric Maynor (Virginia Commonwealth; PG)

19. Hawks - Terrence Williams (Louisville; SG/SF)

20. Jazz - Tywon Lawson (North Carolina; PG)

21. Hornets - Toney Dougles (Florida State; PG/SG)

22. Mavericks - Omri Casspi (Maccabi Tel Aviv; SF)

23. Kings - Austin Daye (Gonzaga; SF/PF)

24. Trailblazers - Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina; PF)

25. Thunder - Jermaine Taylor (Central Florida; SG)

26. Bulls - Chase Budinger (Arizona; SG/SF)

27. Grizzlies - Gani Lawal (Georgia Tech; PF)

28. Timberwolves - Nick Calathes (Florida; PG/SG)

29. Lakers - Parick Mills (St. Mary's; PG)

30. Cavaliers - Sam Young (Pittsburgh; SF)

Working on 2.0 right now and will put it in the first post.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote