Thread: 2010 #1 pick?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2010 #1 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Ed Davis is a talented 19 year old whose role is going to shoot up this year cause the team will lose it's top 4 leading scorers. We have no real grasp what his real offensive skillset is and how much he has improved. As is, he already is penciled in as a top 10, possibly top 5 pick. No stretch to think he can't improve to be the top player in the country especially with how good of a big man coach Roy Williams is.
We still need to see what else he can do offensively, Julian Wright was a projected Top 5 Pick before his Sophmore year and although his role was elevated and his numbers increased NBA scouts realized he didn't have much else to his offensive game but his talent was still enough for him to go #13.

Davis is identically cut from the same cloth as a player, if he is even Top 5 he has to show that hes either a PF with an actual offensive skill set or a SF with range that can also score around the basket, if he cant do this hes going to be shown up by John Henson.

Quote:
Secondly, Ebanks may not be #1, but he can secure a top 5 pick. By the end of the season he was dominating the Big East tournament and had a big game in the tournament. He is a fantastic talent coupled with being incredibly competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if people were talking about him as a top 3 pick by season's end.
Ebanks is a good player but I doubt he goes Lottery, hes extremely undersized for a NBA level PF and is exclusively right handed without a consistent jumpshot.

He reminds me of Hakim Warrick a lot espescially in terms of his rebounding ability, he'll probably average over 10 RPG next season but he needs the consistent production throughout next season to be a 1st Round pick.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote