Thread: 2010 #1 pick?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: 2010 #1 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
We still need to see what else he can do offensively, Julian Wright was a projected Top 5 Pick before his Sophmore year and although his role was elevated and his numbers increased NBA scouts realized he didn't have much else to his offensive game but his talent was still enough for him to go #13.

Davis is identically cut from the same cloth as a player, if he is even Top 5 he has to show that hes either a PF with an actual offensive skill set or a SF with range that can also score around the basket, if he cant do this hes going to be shown up by John Henson.

Julian Wright and Ed Davis are not similar players. Julian was an all around talent. Ed Davis has specific skills exclusively to a big man. He'll need to beef up like so many people his age, but he was already considered a top 10 pick this year. I can imagine him shooting even more as a starter and a focal player in UNC's offense.

Quote:
Ebanks is a good player but I doubt he goes Lottery, hes extremely undersized for a NBA level PF and is exclusively right handed without a consistent jumpshot.
He reminds me of Hakim Warrick a lot espescially in terms of his rebounding ability, he'll probably average over 10 RPG next season but he needs the consistent production throughout next season to be a 1st Round pick.

Devin Ebanks is a first round pick this year. Why wouldn't he be? HIs freshman year was more impressive than Hakim Warrick and I feel Devin has a game and feel that is more similar to Thaddeus Young than Warrick. Thaddeus had he stayed for his sophomore season would have jumped into top 5 status the following season.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote