View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OFFICIAL OFFSEASON: Needs & Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Even though those are good players I really don't think the nugs have need for any more pf's with no shooting-

The reason the list is so small imo is because it needs to be more of a pf/c or c type and needs to be an outside shooter to spread the court- I really think the list goes rasheed, okur, or maybe yi because I know dirk is ungettable and so probobly is bargnani, and spencer hawes- I don't think the jazz would s+t okur to denver so to win a championship or atleast be at that level the best and only target out there is rasheed

On the draft pick I just HOPE for more than backup potential- like collison but lester hudson imo could be a steal at 34 if nugs can't trade in for holiday or teague because hudson could be a rotation player and possibly a future starter

You raise some valid points. However, given the assumptions that the Nuggest plan to stay under the salary cap, their options are somewhat limited. Thus, they need to bring in someone to spell Nene and KMart and not make stupid mistakes. Gooden fits that bill, and he is not too expensive, making less than $2 million per year. Courtney Sims was quite impressive in the Development League this year and also comes at an inexpensive price. Rasheed, Bargnani, Hawes, Okur and Yi will cause the Nuggets to exceed the salary cap unless they trade someone for them. That someone would have to be Nene or KMart and I don't see that happening.

They need to dump Hunter's salary of $3 million+ per year to give them some flexibility. It would be a smart move if they could trade Kleza and change for David Lee, but, Lee wants big money also. Given the parameters facing the Nuggets, I believe their chance to upgrade will come from free agents. On the 2nd round draft side, I would focus on Collison, Price, and Mills. I don't know much about Hudson.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote