View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Call your team's pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Yeah what I like about Maynor over Lawson is that Maynor can play at 3 or 4 different speeds and sometimes all in the same possession. Lawson seems to only have one speed, really really fast. I'm almost certain that as long as Rubio/Jennings/Flynn/Curry are off the board like expected our pick will be either Lawson or Maynor.

I'm at the point where I won't be upset who we pick as long as it's reasonable because you never know how these guys are going to be. If a PG falls from projected lottery to 17 and we pass then I'll be pissed. But taking Lawson over Maynor when I prefer Maynor wouldn't upset me, or something similar. I just can't wait to draft a guy and see him in summer games.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd call Stefanski an idiot for taking Lawson at 17 or anything like that, nothing close, makes a ton of sense, I'm just enamored with Maynor. Maynor, Blair (even if I think he's a poor Indy fit), and Hansbrough are just my favorite players in this class as far as 1st round prospects in terms of IQ and just a throwback style. Just wish Maynor were around 185 or so instead of being 165 (lighest at the combine I think), that's my only question mark.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote