View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Interesting Trade Idea

1. This guy maybe offensively talented but he's a team killer, meaning he takes away the chemistry. He isn't much of a passer and will pout in team huddles if plays aren't called for him. A true cancer for this team. I don't believe this at all, he's not a team killer, he is one of the main reasons this team won 48 games 2 years ago...

2. He has a horrible attitude. Lets not forget he tried to lie to everyone by saying he was hurt in a pickup basketball game and the truth is, no one will really know the truth. Was it a moped or motorcycle. I don't think he has a bad attitude at all, i believe his teammates like him, in particular he really hit it off with Jamal Crawford from what i've heard they became best friends and in seperable always laughing and having a good time together..

One of his quotes.."I've been playing point guard, just look at the tape." I've watched all the games and all he does his bring the ball up the court and jack up a shot about 60% of the time while averaging 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Thats not playing point guard. he's played point in stretches but almost never from start to end of the game.. I don't believe he's a point, he's more of a two guard who can initiate the offense when he wants..

3. Lack of a brain. Its obvious this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer. To play the point, a player has to be cerebal to a certain extent to learn the tiny nuances of the game. Ellis doesn't have that. He's gotten this far on his athleticism and speed, but he won't always have that and with this inability to learn the game, it doesn't make him an attractive prospect in 5 years. I wouldn't say it's lack of a brain, I would say he was immature and is maturing now... it's a curve young players go on I'm not worried about that at all... his speed and athleticism is one thing but his midrange jumper is one of the deadliest aswell as he being one of the best in the league at finishing at the rim, on the break, going coast to coast etc..

4. He doesn't have a true position. He isn't a good enough ball handler or passer to play the point full time and he's too small to play the shooting guard position. He played the 2 quite well next to BD for a while, he can play the 2 IMO in Nellie's system he just needs a big point guard who can guard 2's...

5. He's a horrible defender, not based on skill, but based on intensity. He could be a really good defender if he wanted to, but he doesn't. I remember seeing Kevin Martin, who is 6'7, blow right past Ellis anytime he wanted. He gives up on plays and just let his player go. He's not THAT bad of a defender, though it's a weakness he does get steals and gambles... but let's not forget what this player brings on the offensive end... end half of the 07-08 season 24 ppg 6 rpg 4 apg over 50% FG 80% FT 2 stl per... then 2nd half of 08-09 season after he got going, 25 ppg 5 apg 5 rpg 2 stl per 50% and 80% from the line.. not many can do what he can with great %'s...
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote