Thread: 2010 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I agree on Monroe, he has to improve and show dominance next season to raise his stock similar to what Blake Griffin did by returning for his Sophmore year, if not he might stick all 4 years, thats just the type of person he is.

But he wouldn't have been a Top 5 pick last year by the end of the tournament he was on the 6-14 range, and he wont test well at the combine. I know this after following his recruitment before he spurned Duke, hes not a jaw dropping athlete or has great strength yet but hes fairly athletic and has a developed skill of positioning in the post.
Monroe may not test well at the combine, but his knowledge for the game is incredibly high. He's a very smart player.

Considering how quickly the likes of Curry and Evans climbed the draft boards this year, Monroe may have been around the 8-10 spot. But personally, I would have taken him anywhere from 2-6.

Quote:
Cousins is a C, I'd be shocked if he is viewed as a PF.
He doesnt run the court well, gets tired quickly, and plays with such lazyness on the court that as a fan you would probably be angry with him.

But he finishes so strong at the basket and the potential is there for him to be better.

Next year will be the year of the PF, with possibly 9 going in the Top 20.
I don't know much about Cousins. I thought he was a PF/C type combo player. Am I correct in assuming he has good hands for big man? I was under the impression he did? He's definitly got good size, looks a little chubby though.

Quote:
A name for you to keep a look out for is Kenneth Faried, from Morehead State.
The play-in game was impressive and the announcers talked a lot about him and that he could have declared in 09', but I thought it before they even started talking about the comparisons between Faried & Rodman, its absolutely undeniable.

Faried could be the next Rodman
I just went and checked his stats and his rebounding per40 is damn impressive. He was getting 17.3 rebounds per 40, with 5.7 offensive boards per 40.

Blake Griffin averaged 17.3 rp40 with 4.4 orp40 and Blair had 18.1 rp40 with 8.8 orp40. So, Faried is definitly no stranger to the boards.

I look forward to watching this guy.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote